Please note the following requirements/stipulations:
- The School Health Tuberculosis Control Program states that all new school enterers shall show proof of tuberculosis screening results either from a Mantoux Tuberculin Test, TB Risk Assessment, x-ray, sputum culture or blood test.
- Those students who have had a BCG vaccination must still show proof of tuberculosis screening results.
- If a student is from a "high risk" country or visits/returns to a "high risk" country for a period of six (6) weeks or longer should have a TB Mantoux test, or previously stated test, prior to returning to school .
- If a student has a positive TB Mantoux test, he/she shall provide verification from a licensed health care provider or the Division of Public Health that the student does not pose a threat of transmitting to staff and/or other students. Verification will include Mantoux test results in milimeters, current disease status, current treatment and date when the individual may return to his/her school assignment without posing a risk to others.
- Students who have a history of a positive TB Mantoux test should submit documentation of a clear chest x-ray in lieu of future TB Mantoux tests.